Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yay!! Now we are talking!!

Eric Westberg:

For those who read this and don’t know us, myself and my wife Jennifer have been close friends of the Shoning family for many years. I have known Liza since 1st grade (1982 or 1983). I have been close to Jim since I joined the fire department in 1994. 3

Shortly after Jim’s first coiling procedure for the aneurism, he was moved to Younker rehab at Iowa Methodist Hospital. Jenny and I stopped up to see Jim one Saturday afternoon. After visiting with Jim for about an hour, we were just getting ready to leave when a very young, very attractive rehab tech walked into the room. She greeted all of us very politely and then introduced herself to Jim and informed him that she would be working with him the next few days. She asked him if he preferred to be spoken to as James or Jim. Without missing a beat or even batting an eyelash, Jim looked her straight in the eye and said, “You may refer to me as SIR or MR SHONING”. This poor girl stood there dumbfounded and speechless. As we were about to leave anyway we simply informed the girl to “have fun with this one” as we exited his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter