Saturday, February 21, 2009

Funnies

People keep telling me funny stories about dad. He is probably the funniest person I know. I thought this would be a good place for people to share their stories of dad. He gets a kick out of himself and I am sure he would love to read these once he is well. Email me at scottssister1@gmail.com if you have any funny stories to share and I will post them up. I will start with one.

When dad had his shunt put in, it was his first acutal open head surgery so we were all quite worried how he would come out of it. For awhile he had been carrying around one of those grabber claw things:



It made it easier for him to grab things. Or, he was just lazy..whatever. Martha brought it to the hospital and it was sitting on the bedside table next to him after surgery. He was completely sound asleep from the anesthetic and hadn't really responded to any of us yet. We all just hung out in the room for a few hours and watched him sleep. The surgeon came in to check on him and he told us that everything went well and then proceeded to wake dad up to check on him. He told dad that everything went well and that he should get better. Dad kind of just nodded his head sleepily. The doctor then noticed the contraption laying on the table and said, "I see you have your claw here Jim!"

Without missing a beat, dad woke right up and said, "Yes you've met my wife?"

I think we all DIED laughing so hard. We all knew at that time he was going to be fine. I think the surgeon is STILL laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter