Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

There hasn't been much change. He is a bit more alert but Martha can't tell if he just doesn't feel good or if he doesn't care much anymore. I can't imagine what it must be like to lay in a bed for so many months. Especially for him, he is so independent!

The surgeon poked his head in to look him over for the trach. The nurse said that he thought they would do it on Monday.

At some point last night while they were changing his sheets, his pig he keeps in his right hand got tossed. Martha went and bought a new one. She is going to hang a stern sign in his room saying that there are to be two animals in this room at all times!!!

He likes his pig in his right hand and the giraffe in his right. He still doesn't seem interested in trying to move his left side. Dr. Lopes got physical therapy to help with him which is apparently unheard of when someone is on a ventilator. It just never happens. Dr. Lopes is a good doctor!! I am glad Dr, Chaloupka found him.

Next weekend is Jordan's 18th birthday. Martha is coming back that weekend and I guess they are celebrating here. I think Coleman and I will head back to Chicago and spend the weekend with dad.

I was finally able to clean the hell out of my house today. I really haven't had the opportunity for the past few months so I feel a bit more normal now. Now, I have a bunch of pictures to work on for dad and me!!! Off to do more work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter