Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Total disappointment

While at dinner last night at this yummy little place Scott picked out called, 'The Mill' (bleh), Martha called to check on dad and guess what!!!?? The nurse had just gotten off the phone with Rush and they said they won't have any beds available today either. I am really starting to lose my cool. We were supposed to be there yesterday with surgery today. Dad is so disappointed. He must really be miserable because to be this disappointed to not have a potentially life threatening surgery is not something within my comprehension. I hate seeing him like this. ANEURYSMS SUCK!!!

On a funny note; We went back to Scott and Kelly's fancy hotel last night for a nightcap. It was the Best Western Cantebury. It is Medieval themed in a 70's sort of way. The women's bathroom was labeled, "Damsel In Distress." I think that sign would be more appropriate on my bathroom door at home. The pub/restaraunt had 4 patrons in it when we arrived and a wall full of hard back Readers Digests. The oldest one we found was from 1941 so they either remodeled since the Renaissance or the place really isn't that old.

We received our large goblets of beer which I fondly referred to as my " pimp cup" and sat at our table to listen to the fine comedy that sometimes comes out if Coleman. If you know him you know I am not speaking of his mouth. Upon asking the bartender if they served fart spray and being given a bottle of Windex I realized that the bartender looked very familiar. The person I thought it was I probably haven't seen in 22 years and even with that, he is like 5-6 years younger than me. When we paid our tab I asked if he was from Iowa City and he said he was. He must have detected some disappointment in my "oh" response because he turned around and said, "Well not originally, Im from Carlisle."

JACKPOT! I knew it!!!! I said, "Are you a Woodhouse?" He looked at me like I was from another planet and said he was. I told him my name and then he recalled our days being babysat by Pat Rice. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter