Monday, February 2, 2009

Update

Sorry for the quick note before and lack in consideration of my spelling. I was a bit excited about all this so there is my excuse.

The man's name is Demetrius Lopes. He is only 38 and Brazilian. He is pretty good looking if I must say so myself. I found this interesting article about him. He seems to know his shiz!!

Scroll to number 2.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2007/Breakthrough-Medicine/

I wish they could go in endovascularly but they are going to actually go in through his brain. It is some type of ultrasound device that shaves down the aneurysm. My fear, again, is that it doesn't matter how small the annie is, I hope it lessens the edema. But, this man seems to know what he is doing.

Insurance companies suck. Martha has been on the phone all afternoon with them, they are trying to deny the ambulance trip to Chicago. He has been in the hospital since Thanksgiving day. He has been in ICU and rehab wouldn't take him back because they found him "un-rehabable" because he is paralyzed and wanted him to go to a nursing home. But, now they think he can ride in a car?? WTF? I wish I could smack people through the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter