Saturday, February 28, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!!!!







Jordan Li Jade is 18 today!!!! Everyone give her a birthday shout out!!

We arrived late last night. Dad opened his eyes and looked toward me, but his eyes apeared to be in REM. He wouldn't squeeze my hands. The nurse had just given him Norcan right before we got there which is Vicodin really. We spoke for a really long while and she thought that this was a normal process for him. He was on steroids for such a long time and Lopes said that he would be a lot weaker once he stopped getting such high doses of it and that he wanted to see him come out of all this on his own. He really needs encouragement, but it is so hard to tell how is when he is all doped up on meds. So, I told her I would like to see him on Tylenol and to stop the Norcan and she agreed.

Today he is sound asleep. His HR was about 130 when I got here and his respiration's are 28. The nurse gave him Xanax to slow it all down, so that is why he is out. He wouldn't wake up to me or look at me. I asked the nurse today if he would have an MRI before he left on Monday to go to the "special" hospital and she said that it wasn't really medically necessary and that he may not be ready to go yet. He is on an insulin drip and they can't accommodate that there. But, it sucks because he really needs to get out of ICU. He needs to be in rehab and he needs the positive reinenforcment that he can't get in this type of setting.

I wish I had great news to report, but he is just sleeping. Hopefully at some point today he will give me some indication that he is alert enough for me to read some stories to him. Thanks for those of you who took the time to do that. I know that it will be very helpful in his recovery process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter