Monday, February 9, 2009

Swelling



Dad's swelling is really starting to settle in. They took the drain out of his head yesterday so I assume that is why. I was actually kind of surprised that he didn't look awful yesterday.

He is really sleepy today. I guess prior to our arrival PT had been down to work on him, also Speech. Speech decided to wait awhile before working with him because he is still aspirating. He has been having problems with not being able to cough up all the gunk in his throat so his oxygen levels have been plummeting until they suction him out. They have to go through his nose and he doesn't like that so much.

Ultrasound just came in and checked both his legs for blood clots and they just took him to a follow up CT.

Hopefully I will be leaving soon to go get my car keys. We will come back to the hospital for a bit after that, so hopefully I will have more information. I don't want to leave him, none of us do. It completely sucks. But, all we are doing are staring at him anyway. Martha is staying. Scott and I will probably alternate weekends coming here. At least the drive isn't too awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter