Monday, February 9, 2009

About to hit the road.

I always think that Des Moines blows and I never really appreciate it until I leave and I rarely do. Scott and I just ventured to Alsip, Illinois to retrieve my car keys from Coleman's dad. I just cannot believe how dirty it is here. It is disgusting. There is trash everywhere. We drove by some large cement plant and there was even graffiti 3/4th the way up it. And it was a big building like General Mills. How in the hell does one get up there to spray paint crap know one understands anyway??

We have done a lot of walking around town and my pants are usually long and go past my heels, so my cuffs drag on the ground. At home when this happens, I don't think much about it, but here I imagine there is urine and feces all over the place and so if I accidentally touch my wet pant leg when I sit, I immediately go wash my hands. It is disgusting. It is worse than the kybo's a the fair. YUCK!

We are back at the hospital. Dad is still resting and we haven't heard any news. I think he is doing as well as expected at this point. He had to have two units of blood yesterday because his hemoglobin was low. I wish they would figure out why this keeps happening. His vitals are excellent. I think he will probably spend the remaining of the week sleeping a lot. Whatever it takes to get him better.

We are about to hit the road to come back home shortly. Once we get out of Chicago, it will be an easy drive. I hear it is storming back in Des Moines. I can't believe this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter