Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tucked in for the night

I had my first train ride and I didn't get stabbed or shot. We looked like idiots though. We walked up to the lady behind the bullet proof glass and asked her for four tickets. She pointed to the ticket vending machine we had to use to get our tickets and of course it doesn't give you back change. After getting our tickets and stepping over I think four different pools of vomit, we got on the El. It was a short ride, it wasn't too bad although I was instructed to put my iphone back in my pocket.

Dad had a tough night. They tried over and over again to put an arterial line in both if his wrists. The guy doing it sucked at it and dug around forever. Dad was screaming so much and even after they finally got it and had 3mgs of morphine he still wanted more. Then when he was finally starting to settle down, they came in to put a central line in his neck. They made me leave for that one. When they were done he was completely knocked out because they gave him 4 more mg of morphine. When we were leaving they were about to take him down for this specific MRI imaging. The picture I posted earlier, the robot one, those things on his head is for that.

Surgery is still set for afternoon and they expect it to last 4-6 hours. I read him all the emails from all the Wells Fargo people today and that put a smile on his face. Thanks everyone! You too Mary!!

I will update tomorrow when I hear anything so stay tuned and pray hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter