Saturday, February 14, 2009

Great News!

Dr Lopes came in earlier and said that the CT scan they did after surgery already shows a reduction in swelling. That is great news! He is having more in-depth brain scans later today and he is excited to see the results of those. Sounds like what he did is working. Now we all have to put our prayers into his brain healing enough so he can get his left side back!!

Last night we stayed at the hospital apartments. There are 4 apartments that you can rent for 40 dollars a night. It is quite charming, most of it is furnished by donations. It was pretty toasty in there and the building is located across from Cook County Hospital so we heard ambulance sirens all night. The fold out couch was less than comfortable. I being sleepy elected to shower last and because of it got to take a freezing cold shower since all the hot water had been used up. The second I decide to wash my face, the water stopped coming out of the shower head and I spent about 3 minutes with my eyes soaped up trying to figure out how to turn the shower head back on. IN COLD WATER!! So, I was less than pleased with that experience.

Since dad is doing well, we might run to IKEA today and take a look around. We need curtains for our bedroom. I have never been there before. I hear it is quite the place.

Debbie is coming in by train tomorrow and Martha is going to go back home for a few days. I think dad will be alright. They thought he would go to a regular floor after the weekend I sure hope he is able to get his left side back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter