Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

I think I have decided that constant noise turns me into a complete asshole. If it isn't the sound of the hospital room, its the sound of his machines or the train going by or someone honking their horn or the traffic or someone talking or farting or coughing or the tv!! I have had a lot of people in my life mention to me that I am retarded. I would't go as far as that, maybe I am mildy autistic. When out if my normal environment, with constant noise I freak out. I also liked to be wrapped up like a burrito. Do you think I qualify?

Last night dad had a fever of 101. They put him back on the ventilator because he seemed to be struggling a bit. I was finally able to get him to squeeze my hand a few times and I made him squeeze the nurses hand when he wouldn't for her. He really seemed to move a lot when I read him the stories people wrote to him. He moved his hand around and even moved his shoulder.

I also found an application on my iphone called Pandora Internet Radio. It is the coolest!! I was able to put in The Beatles, or Queen or Oldies and it finds the artists and plays those songs. So I plugged it in next to dads head so he could listen to, Who put the bop and the bow she bow she bow. His heart rate actually went down 10 beats per minute. It went way up when that song Sherry Baby came on. Scott and I discussed whether he hates that song or really loves it. I have concluded that he really wants Sherry Atkinson to fix his hair.

They did and EKG on him since his heart rate was in the 130's and they were taking him to CT when I left last night to check his chest for A pulmonary embolism just in case. I told the nurse to call me if any thing came out of it and she didn't. So, I am going to jump in the shower and back to see him.

2 comments:

  1. "Sherry" came out in 1962 when your dad was in high school. It was also a popular song at KDLX radio in 1965 ... we didn't have a lot of records. He was a very good DJ and a riot on the "air". Because of the limited records he wrote RCA and asked to be included in their mailing list. They sent us a box or records ... mostly junk ... but one song he liked and started to play was "Red Rubber Ball". It became a hit the next year. So because of Jim we were playing it before anyone else had heard it. But we were also playing "Teach Me Tiger" by April Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see if I can find on my internet radio and play it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter