Monday, March 16, 2009

My Pops

I have mixed emotions about being with him this weekend. In some sense, I think that he is completely there, but deeply saddened by his state that he just simply doesn't want to respond. He will look at you as you walk across the room and as you talk to him for the most part. He watched the movie on the laptop and right when I was leaving, I was showing him the buttons on the little cell phone I bought him not realizing that there was a mirror in it. I caught him looking at himself and there seemed to be a look of shock and interest on his face. So, I showed him his scar on his head and his hair. Then he just had this look of disappointment.

I think he needs more stimulation. When he is awake he is awake, but he has nothing to do but sleep so he just goes back to sleep. I think I might look into those books on tape and see if we can play those for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter