Friday, March 6, 2009

Few Reasons

It has been brought to my attention that some people find it odd that I don't believe half the crap that comes out of my father's mouth. I wanted to give you a few reasons as to why this is true.

1. While still living at home in my early 20's, a few times he would wake me out of a dead sleep at 3pm and tell me that a Warren County Sheriff was at the door or on the phone for me.

2. He would try to convince me on a Sunday that he heard over the radio my car had gotten pulled over the night before and he was so real about it, I would get scared thinking maybe I actually had!

3. We visited a battle ship when I was like 6 and he told me that all the brown stuff on the bed sheets was dried blood which I believed until I was an adult. When bringing it up to him again he laughed and said it was rust.

4. He loves to point at the sky and say, "Look! Dead bird!" And yes, everytime I look up.

5. He, A FEW YEARS AGO, convinced me that he had a set of twins before my brother was born that were given up for adoption or with the mother still, I don't recall. But he was so serious about it I asked my grandmother who said she didn't know, and my Uncle Jim who agreed he did. I even called my mother and she said she didn't think so. So, here I am looking stupid and he just sat back and laughed.

Well those are just a few reasons as to why he is unbelievable. I am sure i will think of more later.

On a good note, dad has both eyes open today and they seemed to have stopped roving back and forth. He also squeezed Martha's hand multiple times upon her request so he is in fact alert. He is breathing a bit harder today so they are giving him some assistance with the ventilator. Things appear to being turning around for once!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter