Friday, March 13, 2009

Spoke too soon

Well, after talking to Debbie today quite extensively today, I guess I assumed when I was told that he was doing the same, it was the same from when Scott was there. She said that once again he hasn't been responsive to her the past 2 days. The transfer went well and this hospital is in a very nice neighborhood. She was in the room when they were settling him in. He has had a bed sore on his sacrum that I was always told was about the size of a pencil eraser. She saw it when they turned him and was shocked. It is VERY large and bloody. There is also a weird C-shaped thing on his back that feels like there is something underneath his skin. I am going there in the morning and I am going to ask to see it. I did wound care at one point in time and am quite familiar with bed sores, so I can get a good idea how bad it is. I feel awful for him, those are absolutely miserable for people to have. I guarantee that is why he has had a low grade fever.

We plan on leaving around 5:30 and coming back Sunday afternoon. I will fill everyone in tomorrow on his condition. I am so glad we don't have to drive into Chicago anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter