Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

This place is really nice. It does remind me of a cross between a nursing home and rehab facility. There are 85 beds here and the staff seems pretty attentative. The nurses aid came in and said she thought dad looked like the type of person who would give people hell if he was awake. I told her she had no idea how right she was.

He is sleeping a lot today. I was able to get him to squeeze my hand for pain meds, but that seemed to be about all I could get him to do. I read him some stuff and he looked at me and seemed to be moving his mouth to try to say something but wasn't able to. At least that is the impression I got.

His room is small which is fine, at least here we are able to open the windows to let some fresh air in. It so nice outside. This is a very nice area, the houses are absolutely retarded!

I looked at his bed sore. It is quite significant I must say, but I have seen a lot worse. I can tell it has gotten a bit better than it was from the healing around it, but it is quite necrotic and needs to be debrided. This hospital touts themselves as miracle workers with wound care, so I trust it will get better.

He seems to be awake now, so I am going to talk to him for awhile. I will update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter