Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back in Hinsdale

We finally got here!! We headed out last night and stayed in Blue Grass with some friends of mine I haven't seen in a long time. Tommy and Diana. It was great catching up with them. She made some dynomite enchilada's last night and coffee cake for breakfast. I left my pillow there, (Second time in two weeks I have done that. Im a brainiac I tell ya.) so maybe on the way back we can stop and eat some more yummy enchiladas!!

We passed this semi on the way here. How awesome is this!!!






Dad is in a much larger room now, room B238. He is off the ventilator right now and sleeping. I haven't seen anyone yet to see how long he has been off of it today or if he has had any occupational therpay today. He is opening his eyes for me, but he didn't really look at me or anything. He seems really tired to me.

He has lots of cards balloons and plants in his room. Thank you everyone for sending him things. That is very nice and I know he appreciates it.

I saw a note from Debbie that said the doctor said whatever is growing in his brain is getting smaller, so they will keep him on antibiotics for another 3 weeks. There is also a note on the dry erase board from OT that says: Sat Jim on the side of the bed for approx 18 minutes. Did cognitive stimulation while sitting. Jim did pretty well. More responsive than Wednesday. Good Job!

He has something nasty in his eye. Looks like pink eye. If I ever see a nurse I will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter