Sunday, March 1, 2009

Red Rubber Ball

Rollie Says:
"Sherry" came out in 1962 when your dad was in high school. It was also a popular song at KDLX radio in 1965 ... we didn't have a lot of records. He was a very good DJ and a riot on the "air". Because of the limited records he wrote RCA and asked to be included in their mailing list. They sent us a box or records ... mostly junk ... but one song he liked and started to play was "Red Rubber Ball". It became a hit the next year. So because of Jim we were playing it before anyone else had heard it. But we were also playing "Teach Me Tiger" by April Stevens.

Rollie, I found Red Rubber Ball, I am assuming it is from the Cyrkle? I played it for him. He actually was looking toward me!!


I would LOVE to hear him on the radio. That would be so awesome. I have heard tapes of him teaching my brother to say "Shit" when he was little and my mom in the background telling him to stop. He also said, "Scott, tell me what we do to you when you are bad!" Scott said, "You flush me down da TOELIT!"

He used to get out his old reel to reel films and show them on the wall. One time he was showing some footage of a house they used to live in and it was projected onto the only large white surface in the house which was the wall. Dad said to Scott, "Look Scott, that is where we used to live!" And Scott said, "Where? On the wall?!"

I think my brother is retarded too. Because that was a few months ago. No, Im kidding, I think he was like 3.

1 comment:

  1. I just listened to that April Stevens Song. *Barf*

    I see why he liked it though!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter