Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Part 2

I can't say I have the best news. He seems to be completely unresponsive to everyone today. His chest CT came back with 2 small pulmonary embolisms. (not the fatal kind) That's what the doctor told me. That is the reason why his heart rate is so fast. They are giving him heparin and they are going to evaluate his arms to see if that is the source of the clots. They are also going to check the filter umbrella ella ella (sorry) that they put in his vena cava to prevent blood clots.

His right pupil is much larger than his left which before there was only a slight difference. Dad squeezed my hand after a lot of yelling and some hard sternal rubs but he wouldn't let go. He won't look at anyone either. I keep stressing my concerns for an MRI. I am waiting to see the scan results for the head CT. The nurse and I are wondering if maybe there is an issue with his shunt needing adjusted or if it is clogged. I know I was getting responses from him yesterday and I am not today.

Looks like I won't make it back to Jordan's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter