Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 38th 3 Part

It is almost 11 o'clock at night and I have resorted to watching some retarded show on A&E called, "Parking Wars." I can't tell if the meter maid is a man or a woman or a pre-teen. I don't see a "Hello God, it's me Ramona" book in "it's" pocket so it must be some sort of an adult.

After some research and suggestions by some friends, we have decided to ask for a referral to go to Mayo Clinic. Iowa City sent Martha a fax for nursing home skilled facilities to put him in and I just think that is unacceptable. They can't find a treatment, so they want to put him in a nursing home? I don't even think he is stable!!

I think Chaloupka did his job. He coiled the aneurysm. He said himself before the last stent that he has never seen this happen before, so how can we expect him to treat or know who could potentially treat this. He is a great doctor. He has patients referred to him from all over the country for coiling. But, I am sure he doesn't refer a lot of people out and he did what he could. Time again to move on.

Iowa City is number 25 on the list for the best neurology and neurosurgery hospital in the country. MAYO IS NUMBER 1!! I am sure they will have more ideas and if they don't, they may have a larger pool of qualified doctors we can choose from who might. Martha is driving up in the morning. Debbie is still there and will ask for the referral when she sees the docs in the AM. Dad is on board 100 percent.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter