Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25th

Sorry I haven't updated since Friday. I suck I know.

I am sitting at the Big Ten Inn in Iowa City. I came up today. I GOT A SPEEDING TICKET!!! When it rains it pours. I KNEW I should have taken Coleman's radar detector. I was zoning out following someone and got busted. I guess I deserve it. I was going 91!!! He only ticketed me for 10 over. So, he was cool about it at least.

They did an MRI and dad's edema has drastically increased. It is now pushing on his brainstem. They also said that it looks like he has had a teeny tiny insignificant stroke. The rheumatologist is also interested in my Ehlers Danlos syndrome and wants to see me tomorrow I guess. They are going to do a trans-esophogeal echocardiogram tomorrow and they are also going to pull some cerebral spinal fluid from his shunt to run some tests on it. Infections and all that good stuff.

They upped his steroids again, but I don't see the benefit in it. It isn't helping him and when he is on such a high dose, his voice gets really squeeky, he retains fluids badly and his blood sugars sky rocket. He now has foot drop and has to wear a splint. He has a bed sore too and it is hurting him a lot.

He is still in good spirits so that's good. I am coming home tomorrow, his sister is going to come up Tuesday morning and is going to stay for the rest of the week. It's really nice that she can be here for him so we can go back to work. I hate it that he is here, but this is the best place for him right now. Especially since no one in Des Moines wanted to touch him.

I hope to have more answers and information to give tomorrow. I am going to sign off now and watch Rock of Love Bus. OH YES I AM!!!! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter