Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26th Part Deux

I just drove back from Iowa City. I wish I was independantly wealthy and could take the time off of work to stay up there with him, but unfortunately it took me until I was 28 to actually listen to my father's wisdom to settle down and keep a steady job. Living pay check to pay check isn't cool when you are in your 30's and if I keep missing work, that's what going to happen.

They cancelled his transesophogeal echocardiogram today. Apparently they had too many patients over the weekend with potential heart tumors that cause strokes and aneurysms, so they bumped him off the list until tomorrow. They are also going to do another brain test to determine if his right sided weakness has anything to do with the edema.

I had a long conversation with one of the doctor's regarding the game plan with dad. He really wouldn't commit to anything I asked and seemed very vague. I told him that at this point we were really willing to try anything, even if it was experimental but I think there is a need for urgency during this time that I am not seeing. The doctors that need to be talking to us aren't. If they are putting their heads together, great! Just come let us know!!

I think I overwhelmed him with my questions, and I found out later I wasted my time because he was just a resident. So, he really couldn't give me any answers. I wish the residents would walk around with a big sign that said, "RESIDENT!" or "RETARD!" Or maybe a dunce cap would suffice.

I do trust that Iowa City is doing all they can. Dr. Chaloupka seems to be absent a lot, but once you see him, he always makes you feel better. I am just disappointed he hasn't been in yet. I was told he is consulting with that doctor in Chicago and with rheumatology. Once the CSF cultures come back, I think we will have all the answers we need. This sounds completely odd, but let's pray he has a brain infection!! That can be treated with meds!!

Rollie thanks for your comment. I needed that laugh!! My dad is a tool and I can competely see him falling through the ceiling!! When I talk to him tomorrow I will definately tell him you reached out to us!!

You too Sherry!! You and Phil's friendship means a lot to my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter