Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ragbrai

I have been wanting to do Ragbrai for a really long time and had planned on going this year, but it really wasn't going to work out. So, I kind of gave up on the thought and on Monday I decided, screw it!! I am GOING!! I have a friend, Mike who was going and he had set up one of his friends to bring us home, so why not? Dad did it 30 years ago in 1979 so I wanted to ride for him!




I even wrote it on my legs!!!


We started in Indianola and ended up in Chariton. It was about a 46 mile trip. We left about 930 and arrived in Chariton at 5:38. I know because I looked at my odometer on my bike when we got into town. It was a ton of fun. I will definitely do it again next year. I am glad that I only went 1 day this year because now I know that I could never do a whole week. I like to be clean!!


We stopped in Ackworth, Sandyville, Milo, Lacona and then Chariton. The last 15 miles we nothing but hills. That SUCKED!


One of the guys we were with was a guy in his 60's. Came here by himself from New Mexico to ride the whole week. He realized as we were about to leave that he lost his wallet!! It made us all sick, he had all his money in it and his ID. We just found out that a vendor found it and he got it back! He had never been to Iowa before. I am sure he will come back now!! I am SHOCKED that he got that back!



Art is on the left, he is the one who lost his wallet. My friend Mike is in the black and his friend Bill. Mike and Bill work at the airport with the guy that drove the vehicle. They must have closed the Airport for the week since most of the TSA's were on Ragbrai. :)

Debbie is with dad this week. He still has a fever but was very alert today. They were watching Twilight Zone videos when I called. She said he was enjoying them. He still doesn't feel good and has pneumonia.

A nurse from the rehab facility in Oelwein is driving in to see dad and see if he can go to their facility. That seems to be where everyone wants him to go to. I hope its a great place! It is closer and would be a lot more convenient. I just want him to catch a break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter