Friday, July 10, 2009

Dad

Martha came back yesterday. He doesn't have a fever anymore, but he still claims to feel sick. Scott mentioned something about them wanting to discontinue his antibiotics because they weren't working and he seems to becoming resistant to them. Im not all sure about that. I think he was going to call RML today and see what he was on, and then ask his friend Jeff if he has any suggestions. He is a pharmicist and specializes in infectious disease.

Dad has thrush in his mouth and he does not like the mouthwash that they give him, so he has been shutting his mouth and shaking his head when they try and give it to him, so Martha had to yell at him to knock it off. He is also telling them no when they come in to turn him. The staff there allows it, but Martha told them not to.

They did give him a wound vac, so hopefully that will work!!

Debbie, dad's sister, found a skilled facility in Oelwein that weans. She checked into it and seems pretty excited about it. I emailed her and asked if they had an intensive rehab program, but I haven't heard back. I still like Ballard, I wish we could get him somewhere!!

I just heard that Dan Ritchie, one of dad's friends from Carlisle stopped by on his way through town on Sunday. That was very nice of him!! Thanks Dan!! I am sure dad enjoyed seeing someone else other than us!! I hope he was awake for you!

Jordan is going with me now tomorrow. I know dad will be happy to see her.

1 comment:

  1. Liza - It was good to see your dad. I am only sorry that I could not have gotten to see him sooner. Jim has been heavy on my heart since I heard about what happened to him a few months ago. I spent about 30 minutes with your dad last Sunday. We were heading for NC to see our daughters, Tiffany and Cheri so it worked out well to stop by. We are coming back home next weekend and if it works out, we will stop by again. We are keeping Jim and you all in our prayers. Keep the updates coming on Jim. I check at least twice a day to see if there are any more updates. Thanks also for being there for your dad as often as you are - I know it puts a real strain on you and others in your life.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter