Monday, May 11, 2009

This is Scott - Liza has now given me access to post updates on here while I'm with dad.

I've been at the hospital with Dad since Saturday afternoon.

He was only able to be off the ventilator for a few minutes on Friday and Saturday, but was over 4 hours yesterday and over 5 hours today. Both times his numbers were strong enough to go longer, but he was tired and requested to be put back on the vent.

He was awake and fully alert on Saturday night and again on Sunday night, but otherwise has been really tired and sleepy a lot of the time.

He's on a beta blocker for his elevated heart rate and blood pressure, and I think tiredness is a sid effect of that.

He is able to lift his right forearm and hand up off the bed now and move it quite aways over towards his abdomen, so that's an improvement I didn't expect.

The respiratory therapists are having to suction him a lot more now, and you can see the infection in his lungs by what they're getting out of him.

He's been trying to communicate by mouthing words, with limited success. I've caught onto a few (adjust pillow, need Tylenol), but a few others we weren't able to get the point across.

I'm here until tomorrow, when Martha comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter