Monday, May 4, 2009

Summary of our weekend.


We left yesterday about 4. Got home at 930. He was doing fantastic off the ventilator. He went 8 hours Friday, 10 hours Saturday and he was at 8 hours when we left yesterday and still on it. Im not sure what he made it to. He certainly didnt want us to leave. He slept most of the time. He would shake his head yes and no to things. He really gave me that look when I told him we were leaving. I hate leaving him there. He is so bored. He really likes the radio on. He doesn't even like the TV on anymore. I had to turn it on for awhile though on Saturday, I got sick of listening to the "Barbara Ann" and "One Tin Soldier."
I really hope we can get him weaned in the 35 days he has there now since he is doing so well. then we can bring him back to Des Moines for rehab!! He is still so swollen though. 313 pounds and didnt lose an ounce of it this weekend, even on lasix.
He is on a different floor. I think its for more complicated cases. Most of the rooms are huge and they have hoyer lift tracks in the ceiling to help move him if needed. The nurses this weekend were great too. They turned him every four hours and she even found some cheaper hotels for us and gave me a 10 dollar gas card which was nice. I just wish he was home. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter