Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day

Dad has pretty consistantly been off the ventilator for the most part until this morning. His 02 sats went way down, he developed some mucous plugs in his lungs and one of the nurses who used to be a respiratory therapist got them out. I guess it was a bit scary there for awhile. He is on the vent now and they are looking into hooking him up to a machine that helps you cough while you are off the ventilator to avoid the mucous plug issues. Yummy.

They are doing a chest XRay and the results of his CAT Scan came back. The lesions in his brain show no change and he has developed a new one. I guess the doctors will be in contact with Lopes so we can figure out the next plan. I hope they do an MRI. If they don't, I might possibly throw a huge fit. :)

He is doing FANTASTIC though. He is very much alert and is communicating. He told Martha he did not want to go to Omaha, but would rather go to Waterloo. With this new brain lesion, who knows where he is going.

I am going up either Saturday afternoon and staying through Monday. I can't wait to see him, it seems like it has been forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter