Monday, April 6, 2009

SORRY SORRY SORRY!!

I have no excuse other than complete laziness for not updating the blog. I was waiting for Martha to get there today to see if there were any new updates, but when I called her I found out she is in Omaha with Jordan at Creighton. So she didn't have any updates.

Scott was there all weekend. He said that he really seems to be coming out of it when he is awake. There were a few times that he tried to talk and he is being much more expressive with his face. He was off the venitlator yesterday when Scott left and when I called his nurse this morning, they had to put him back on it around 10. So, he was off for 48 hours!!!!

They put him on a talking vent valve and because he was off the ventilator for so long, he couldn't tolerate it. So, they put him back on the vent to let him rest. The talking vent valve is to block off the air so he can talk. Its a process putting it on, and thats what got him. She said he is doing fine though!

They debrided his wound on Friday. I asked how it looked and she said she hadn't had a chance to look yet today, but when she changed the dressing yesterday it was bleeding. I sort of gave her hell that it took them almost a month to have it debrided when it was clearly obvious to me and everyone upon his arrival that it was necrotic. She agreed and apologized. I told her that he better not get septic because of that wound after all he had been through. She said they are on it now, so, THEY BETTER BE!!!!

Martha, Jordan, Judy, and Debbie are going up there for Easter. Im staying home for a baby shower and to host Easter dinner at our house for Colemans family. Prom is coming up, Im doing the Grand March pictures at the school. I am pretty stoked about that, plus whoever is coming to the get pictures done before prom. Im sure Jordan will have a gaggle of friends over.

Anyway, that is all I have for now. I promise I won't wait so long between blogs. Bad Liza! Bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter