Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday

Dad is not weaning again. He can't tolerate it. He isn't really awake, this bug is really getting to him. They did another benchmark head CT today. I am sure it will be a few days to get those results back.

The doctor checked his lack of feeling in his legs and I guess it has extended to his left arm now. He is going to have a neurologist examine the head CT. I thought Dr. Lopes always examined them...so....I guess maybe he will look for the specific part of the brain that allows you to feel your legs and left arm??

They had to do a sternal rub on him to get him to wake up. They changed his foley out last night and they also took the picc line out, they think that was the cause of this infection.

Dad wants to fight through this, he has told us. I don't like to see him suffer, no one does. But, if he were honestly suffering, than he would tell us and he wouldn't want to go on like this anymore. He may be very content in the state he is in and its those of us who are watching over him that are suffering. When its his time, it is his time. He will know when that is and will make that decision. Until then, all we should do is support him, sit by him through his illness and do whatever we can to make him better. I certainly am not giving up until nothing further can be done. I know he would never give up on us.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. He would never never give up on any of you. I wish he could come back here so we could all see him. You tell him I think about him every single day and all of you...Love you all Mary

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter