Monday, June 15, 2009

Dr. Meeting

Scott, Martha, Jordan and Debbie were all at RML today to meet with the doctor there, I'm not sure of what his name is, but I will just call him Asshole. I was able to Skype in and be a part of the meeting. Asshole was very abrasive and not very helpful in my eyes. He basically said that if we move dad to a nursing home, he will die. And it wont be a matter of years, more like days. He even went so far as to say that one option we did have was to take him off the vent and make him comfortable. He didn't even want to hear anything that I had to say or suggest, and the questions I was asking, I was abruptly told that we "weren't going to discuss it." I was like, then why the hell are we here!!

So, that was a non-enlightening meeting. We then spoke with Val who is sort of his liaison lady. She is trying to get him into a place in Rock Island. I called the place in Waterloo today and spoke with the director. He told me he would do everything he could to try and get him admitted there, he is calling me back tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!!

He has been weaning for a little over 20 hours. He looked tired when I saw him today. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter