Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday

No one was with dad this weekend. Scott and I did a wedding together so we couldn't go. From what I know, he slept most the weekend and did not wean. I am not sure that they even tried. He still has a temperature. Martha got there today, he isn't weaning today either, but he is very alert. Martha brought some more books on CD and he is listening to them.

The wound nurse FINALLY has suggested a wound vac. I think that will help him tremendously. The nurse said his head CT was the same, but Martha is going to talk to the doctor about it. She hasn't heard anything about his legs yet and I emailed Dr. Lopes on Friday and he still has yet to respond.

In the next few weeks I am going to try and start planning a benefit for dad. Its getting to the point where this is something that we need to do. He has been in the hospital since Thanksgiving and in Chicago since February. The medical costs are tremendous along with the expense of us going there and being with him. I don't know the first thing about planning a benefit, so if anyone has any ideas, throw them at me, I would appreciate it!!!

2 comments:

  1. My mom and I were talking about this a while ago. You can rent out the family life center thats connected to the methodist church (across from the school) and it has a kitchen so there could be dinner or even just a dessert bar or something with free will donation or a price on a meal. then you could have some of his pics blown up so people could buy them and have other people with laptops on fotki so people could look through and order a photo he's taken. People will definetely pay a couple bucks more on each picture if they know its going to his medical bills or ya'lls travel bills. Hope that gives you some idea - when you figure out what you want to do my family and i will be happy to help with whatever needs to be done!
    Rachel Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! That is a good idea! I will be working with the Fire Department in the next few weeks to roll around some ideas, I will definately bring that up and see what everyone thinks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter