Thursday, October 8, 2009

Martha Update From Oct. 7th

Got a call from Grandview last night around 10 after I was already in bed and was a little freaked out when I saw the number. They called to tell me they had talked to the doctor and had gotten orders for Tramodal (???) for his pain as the Tylenol and ibuprofen weren’t cutting it. Got there before 8 and was told he slept good all night after having his new drug. Actually he slept all day – but when he was awake he had no pain. So, I guess that was good.

They still got him up today and he was in the chair for about 2 ½ hours. Yesterday it was closer to 4 ½ and even then he didn’t want to go back to bed because it hurt. Today, he didn’t argue at all. And he didn’t give the puppy dog look like he did yesterday when it was too soon to have more meds. It was the same look I use to get when I wouldn’t let him have more sweets. He had never done that to the staff before and they thought it was so cute.

He is also on Macrodantin for UTI and they said urine was Iooking better. Eyes are still gooping up, so he had multiple warm washcloths to his face as I was cleaning his eyes. Since he wasn’t in pain today, I also clipped the nails on the left hand. Today he said it was ok if I did the hand rub and manipulated the joints – yesterday it was a different story. I think the drug really helped as he seemed so relaxed his arms were even down.

I asked him if he has seen Demi the dog since she has been in and out of his room while I was there and he said he had. Asked if he liked seeing her and he said no.

Nothing else to report.

1 comment:

  1. Tramadol is mild opiate that actually has been seen to improve moods in anxious or depressed people. It is a documented, but not verified side effect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter