Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is Martha and dad's 25th year of wedded bliss. I am sure spending it in ICU is AWESOME!!

Dad had surgery today to move the feeding tube. He still had food in his stomach and they had shut the feeding off 8 hours prior to the surgery today, so that kind of tells me that his stomach isnt working very well. Hopefully now that his food can be digested properly. No wonder he has no energy if he really isn't getting any food through him.

His blood count is low and so I imagine that they are going to give him blood. He also has an infection that they think is stemming from the central line he has. They put a new PICC line in yesterday and he is going to surgery AGAIN tomorrow to get the central line removed. They have to get the medical records from RML to see what kind of central line they used. I guess there is quite the variety of them and some of them take special tools to get out.

I really think we are on to something here. He is really sleepy today from surgery, and I am sure he will sleep all day tomorrow too from tomorrows surgery. I will update more as I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter