Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gary Fong is the Coolest!!

For those of you who don't know who Gary Fong is, he is a very famous retired wedding photographer, real estate investor and inventor. He is kind of like the Mike Tyson of photography...without the ear biting and raping. Anyway, dad always followed him and actually found himself joining Facebook because of him. I am also a fan of Gary so I sent him a little message this morning asking him if he would write a "get well" message on dad's page. I never thought he would respond back, and he did!! In like 20 minutes!! What an awesome dude!!!

This is what he wrote:

Gary Fong ✮
Hey Jim, I got such a nice email from your daughter explaining your situation. I've been in the ICU before there are so many electronics surrounding you. I used to watch all the monitors like a dashboard connected to my body. Anyway this much I know you have a nice daughter! Looks on your status that things are looking up, - may your 25th be filled with hope on your anniversary and may your recovery be swift! One thing going through rough times has taught me is bigtime patience :) get well soon! Gary Fong

How cool is that! What a neat dude.

Anyway, dad has a strep and a staff infection. He is still sleepy today but seems to be feeling a bit better. The rehab doctor is going to come in and see him next week. the ICU doc doesn't think that splinting his shoulder will help, but I guess that will be determined next week.

Debbie is coming today and staying through tomorrow. Then Scott will be there. Ill keep everyone posted on any news I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter