Thursday, August 6, 2009

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!

Sorry I haven't written on here in such a long time. There is a reason for it. We found out a couple weeks ago that this place in Oelwein has accepted him as long as he was infection free at transport. Everytime I get excited about something, I blog about it and then it falls through. So, I have been keeping my mouth shut.

As I type this, he is currently being transported to Oelwein with 3 lady paramedics. WE MADE IT!!!

He has been very alert and quite social lately. They did a chest xray and cultures yesterday because his temperature went BELOW normal. That freaked Martha out a bit, but she realized that they would be outta there in the morning before the cultures could grow.

This place seems pretty awesome. They have hooked one of there paralyzed patients up to have internet access...with her EYEBALLS!.

I cant wait to get up there!!

3 comments:

  1. Shoning Family - GREAT NEWS! We trust Jim made the trip well. We are anxious to hear how things are going in Oelwein. We will keep praying for Jim's recovery and for each of you.

    Dan & Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step closer to home!! Please let Jim know he is in my thoughts and prayers daily. I really appreciate this blog keeping us up-to-date on his progress.
    Rollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7:10 Tues.
    Jim ,,, what GREAT NEWS !!! ... closer to home & then back HOME is the next step. Jim, I think of you daily as read the blog info, & all that you have endured these past months ... you will overcome once again. You made it through the Navy ... (need I say more) ... this is a Giant step to your strong recovery.
    Pax
    McD.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter