Monday, August 17, 2009

Hello There!

Dad's nursing home has horse and buggy parking. In case any of you are concerned that there isn't any. :)

I drove up yesterday to see him. Scott was there all weekend. Scott had some concerns with dad's level of care and I saw some things that also worried me too. I am going to go up there Wednesday night and stay through Thursday so I can see how they operate during the week. I always think that care is substandard during the weekends.

Dad seems to be out of spirits. He really didn't want us to leave. I always feel awful when he does that. I wish I could stay with him, but I have to have a job so I can afford to go see him. I am going to leave after work on Wednesday and am going to spend the night with him and stay with him all day Thursday to see how they operate during the week. I also want to see how active physical therapy is with him.

I do think that everyone there is very nice, I have just seen some forgetfulness from the staff that bothers me, and some things that the aids are doing that I don't necessarily think are in their scope of practice. I could very well be wrong though. Its been awhile since I have done any of that stuff, but I am thinking I am right.

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, I was there to see him yesterday (Monday) and he had a breathing treatment while I was there. The staff was very nice to me and talked to your dad when they came in even though he appeared to be sleeping. I was unable to get him to open his eyes more than a tiny slit. When I spoke to him, he rolled his eyes as if he were trying to wake up but could not. I was only there about 20 - 30 mintues. I asked the nurse if he slept most of the time and she indicated that he did.

    Carmen
    PS - I did not take my horse and buggy :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for going to see him!! I am sure he appreciates it. I know he knows when people are around him. I think he just doesn't feel good and you may have caught him when he was actually getting some rest. I am going up tomorrow night and staying til evening on Thursday. Hopefully he will be more awake! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter