Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holidays

Holidays just aren't the same without my dad's Christmas cheer. He always had a way to bring joy to everyone. It was hard. I think this Christmas was harder than last Christmas since it was so fresh last year. I think I was still in shock. His absence seemed to be much more present this year. If that makes sense.

A guy I work with made me a bottle of apple pie liquor. Its really good. Its totally a drink my dad would have gobbled right up, so we all did a shot in his memory before we opened presents. I ended up getting 2 Canon lens coffee cups. They are awesome, my dad would have LOVED those. I can hear him in my head every time I have one in my hand giggling and saying how awesome they are.  Isn't that cool!! It's even cooler since I work for a coffee manufacturer.  I love them.

It was a Snuggie year for Martha. She asked for one and ended up with 3. I ended up with 2 Scrabble boards. That's okay though, I am sure they will both get used.

Jordan got Dance, Dance 2 and Michael Jackson Dance Off for the Wii. We played that for 3 days in a row. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!

4 dudes dancing to Walk Like an Egyptian

We hosted Christmas for Coleman's family at our house on Sunday and Martha, Judy, Scott, Kelly and Zane came too. So did Jordan and her friend Brandon. He probably thinks we are all crazy. It was a ton of fun though.

This will probably be my last post on the blog for the year. I wanted to also put out there that I have started another blog as well if you liked reading this one. Its about Ehlers-Danlos, living with it and finding out everything I can about it. Dad had a lot of EDS symptoms undiagnosed and I really think that its what caused his aneurysm. So, anyway, if you are interested you can find it here:

Hypersensitive Reactions to Hypermobility

I hope EVERYONE has a happy, safe New Year!!! Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter